What is a Vendor?
Vendors are any suppliers you purchase materials or sellable items from. If you order any of your products, or product components, from a person or a company, then they are your vendor!
What is the Vendor Catalog?
The vendor catalog is a list of items or products you purchase from any given vendor. Every vendor has their own catalog, and you can create Purchase Orders to order from them as long as the items are in the vendor catalog.
The Vendors page, and creating a new Vendor.
To access the Vendors page, you'll click on the Inventory tab in the grey banner at the top of your Listing Mirror page. From that dropdown, you'll click on Vendors.
Here we see the Vendors page. You can search for vendors, or create a new one. We're going to create a new vendor, so you can see how it's done! You'll want to click on +Create New Vendor
On the Create Vendor page, you'll see the two required fields for a vendor. Marked by a red asterisk (*). These are the only fields that are required to fill out.
- Display name - How you want this vendor to be displayed in the Vendor Catalog.
- Lead time - How long it will take from the time of the Purchase Order being sent to the vendor to the time that you receive the products on hand.
While not required, we do recommend adding an email at this step!
After saving your newly created vendor, you can see that vendor in the vendor catalog. The vendor display name, the catalog items, and the delete button.
If you click on the vendor's name, you can edit the information for the vendor. If you click on the Delete button, you can delete the vendor, but only if the number under 'Catalog Items' is 0. If you click on that number, you enter the Vendor Catalog.
The Vendor Catalog
Once you've clicked on the number below 'Catalog Items' you're in the vendor catalog. This will show you all SKUs you have linked to this particular vendor.
When adding a new SKU, you can type in the SKU and you will get a dropdown of any existing SKUs that match that criteria. As you can see here, typing in Test gives us an existing SKU, or the option to add a new SKU with what we've typed.
After choosing or adding a SKU, you'll be taken to a page to set up your SKU. The only field required to create a catalog item is the cost. However, the more information you fill out the better!
- SKU - The SKU you created the item with.
- Title - If this was a preexisting SKU, the title will be here.
- Cost - This is the price you pay to the vendor for this item.
- MPN - The manufacturer's part number.
- UPC - The Universal Product Code.
- ASIN - The Amazon Serial Identification Number
- Min Order Qty - The is the minimum amount of this item you can purchase from your vendors. This is helpful if your vendor will only allow you to place an order with a minimum.
- Case Qty - This is the number of single items that make up a case. This is helpful if your vendors will not sell a partial case.
Once you're done setting that item up, you can update the item, and it will show up in the vendor catalog and you are all set to start working on your Purchase Order!
"I don't see Vendors as an option in Listing Mirror!"
If you do not have access to the vendors option under your inventory tab, it's possible your current account plan doesn't support it! If you're on the Gold plan or above, you should be able to access it. If you don't, reach out to the team here and we can work with you about what plan would be best for you!