Learn how to succeed with your templates, and avoid errors
Bulk Edit Templates are a powerful tool in Listing Mirror. While powerful, they need to be used correctly for our system to accept the edits you're trying to make. Following these tips should greatly ease your editing process.
Pitfalls To Avoid
- Do not adjust columns or headers in the template
- Do not add/remove sheets to the template
- Do not fill in parent fields colored gray. Those are to indicate the SKU is part of a variation listing. The SKU above it that does NOT have its parent fields colored gray is the place where you will want to update those parent fields.
- Do not change the file type.
- Do not leave formulas in the template. Instead, copy and special paste (CTRL + V) those values.
Unknown Errors & Timing Out
If a bulk edit template is failing due to "unknown error" or is "timing out", a simple troubleshooting step would be to upload only a handful of SKUs in that template. A smaller sample size is much easier to work with and narrows down what could be "wrong" in the template, allowing you to find the issue quicker.