Vendors are where a merchant may purchase goods to sell, or purchase components that they use to build the goods they sell. In Inventory Intellect, Vendors are broken down into 2 portions. This article is here to outline these portions and how to build your Vendor Catalog so you can place POs efficiently!
Vendors are found under the Inventory tab in Listing Mirror:
On the Vendors page, you can view and edit your existing vendors, create a new vendor, or enter your vendor catalog to view or add new catalog items:
Create New Vendor
After pressing the Create New Vendor button, you will be brought the vendor information page:
The only required information on the vendor information page is the Display Name (what will be displayed for this vendor) and the Lead Time.
Please Note- The Leadtime here is referencing the amount of time from purchase until receipt of items. For example, if you place the PO and it takes 5 days for the vendor to fill the PO and 8 days for it to ship from the vendor to you, the Leadtime would be 13.
If you have created a vendor by mistake, as long as you have not used that vendor on a PO, you can delete it!
Adding catalog items or viewing catalog items for a vendor is simple! Just click on the number in the catalog items column for the vendor you're looking for:
From here you can see all existing catalog items, OR you can add a new catalog item by pressing the Create New Catalog Item button:
From here, you can either search for an existing SKU, or add a new catalog item entirely:
When adding a new Catalog Item, you will need to fill out information here:
1. Cost- How much does the item cost from the Vendor.
2. MPN- The Manufacturers Part Number, this defaults to the SKU you used when you added, but can be changed.
3. UPC- The UPC of the product.
4. ASIN- The ASIN of the product if applicable.
5. Min Order Qty- This is the minimum amount you can order for this item. This typically works in tandem with the Case Qty. Where if the Qty of a case is 10, the Minimum Order Qty should be in multiples of 10 unless your vendor allows purchasing partial cases.
6. Case Qty- How many units come in a case.
You can also add catalog items in bulk, using the Vendor Catalog spreadsheet from the Bulk Edit Templates page!
If you have any questions on how to add vendors, or add catalog items, please reach out to support!