The advanced search on the channel specific page can be a little tricky, so here's a quick article to help explain!
To get to the channel specific page, click on Listing at the top and select the desired channel from the drop-down menu. Then click advanced search to begin!
Here is a breakdown of these fields.
1. & 2. Search Type & Listing Field/Status. You have two options here, Listing Field or Listing Status. Listing Field will allow you to choose from a large array of the different listing fields, such as title/description/SKU/UPC/etc. Listing Status will allow you to search for the varied statuses that a listing can be in: healthy/incomplete/warning/etc.
3. Operation. Here are the following options with a quick description of each.
- Contains - listing field needs to have the search value, but can contain other values
- Does Not Contain - listing field can not have search value in any form
- Equals - listing field needs to match exactly the search value
- Not Equals - listing field needs to be anything but the exact search value
- Starts With - listing field needs to start with search value
- Ends With - listing fields needs to end with search value
4. Search Value. Enter the value of what you are trying to search for. This could be a brand name or a certain part of a title, or even the last half of a SKU.
Example of this advanced search being used.
In the below image, you can see that I am adding a search to find listings whose SKUs contain 'orchid.'
Next, I add another search term, looking for listings whose SKUs contain 'test1.'
After clicking 'Search', I can see the results of my terms. It found 3 listings that match these criteria. Two listings whose SKUs matched exactly, and another (the bottom listing) which had SKU 'test123', which contains 'test1.'
From here, I can easily merge/delete/edit any of these listings with convenience.
And that's it! I hope that breaks down the page well enough to make it understandable and encourages you to use it to make your life easier!