After you've created a listing, you'll undoubtedly want to edit that listing to perfect your data for the specific channel where the listing was created. This specific article will be an overview of how to edit, but here are a couple other specific editing-related articles that you might be interested in:
Template Generator (using our spreadsheets to make edits)
Master Listings Edit (editing the master listing data, which is the copy of data that lives above our listing data for each product)
Where to locate the edit page
From the Manage Listings page, you'll click on the cog in the column for the specific listing you want to edit. For instance, if you want to edit an eBay listing, click on the cog in the eBay column, like so:
The first page that loads is what we called the "Listings Edit" page. Let's break down this page:
1. Listing Details
These are all data about the listing that cannot be edited.
- The SKU is the SKU that exists on eBay for this product. It might be different than the Master listing, but it is the SKU used for the product on eBay, in this case.
- The Listing Type will either be simple or variation. Simple meaning "has no variations".
- "Relationship" refers to the way in which the listings vary, then "Color" is the specific variance. This will differ depending on the specific variation relationship.
- "Quantity" refers to the quantity available for this listing on this channel
- "Market ID" is specific to eBay, and clicking the blue number link will take you to the live eBay listing.
- "Published" will either by "true" or "false". If a listing is live on a channel, this will be "true".
A listing status tells you the state your listing is in within the matrix between Listing Mirror and the channel for which the listing was created. If ever you are curious if the listing is still syncing to the channel, if the listing sync is complete, or if the listing has a fatal error, this is a good place to check.
3. Editing Tabs
Each of these tabs contain data that can be edited for this listing. It's important to go through each one to ensure that all your data is complete and correct.
- Listing- this has the parent and child listing details for the listing. Every listing will have details that fall into these two categories. Whether it's a simple listing or a variation listing, Listing Mirror divides your data into these two categories in order to standardize our workflow.
- Category- every channel that has variations (exceptions being Shopify and BigCommerce) will also have category specific fields. As you select different categories, you'll see that the category specific fields will change. Be sure to fill these out
- Images- these are all the images that belong to this specific variation (assuming this is a variation listing). You can add, reorder, and remove images from this tab.
- Variations- this is where we display all variations in this specific listing. You can also edit variation details in bulk from this tab by clicking "Bulk Edit Field" and selecting the field you want to edit.
4. Parent Listing Fields
These fields are anything that will apply to the top level of a variation listing. Specifically note that there is a field called "Variation name" that you'll want to ensure is filled out. This is the name of the variation. For instance, if this listing is a purple shoe, the name would be "color".
5. Child Listing Fields
These fields are those that will ONLY belong to this specific variation and will not be shared with other variations.