Categories are different across each marketplace. Category Mapping allows you to set what the Amazon category will be "mapped" to on the NON-Amazon channel. Once set, it will take any other listings you add in the feature, and use these preset mappings to determine the NON-Amazon category.
When your account is created, Listing Mirror does its best to assign categories. In instances where the category selected isn't appropriate, or in cases where a category wasn't able to be assigned, you can do it manually.
This saves you time going forward by automating the process of mapping each listings category.
Here's how you can set up Category Mapping:
1. Select Category Mapping from the Listing drop-down menu.
2. You are given two options pertaining to each mapping.
- Create an entirely new mapping. Use this option for setting the category mapping for the first time.
- Override an already existing mapping. Use this option when a mapping has already been set but you want to change it.
3. Select the NON-Amazon category that matches (or comes close to) your Amazon category. Then continue down the category leaf, keeping in line with the Amazon category as best as you can.
4. Once you have selected the final 'leaf' of the category, click Create Mapping.
That's all there is to it! Whenever you create a non-Amazon listing with an Amazon listing with that category, the non-Amazon listing will have it's category set according to the category mapping that you just set up!
Note: Setting a category will not automatically change existing listings.
If you have questions, please reach out to Support at Listing Mirror!